Portland Paternity Lawyer

The number of out of wedlock births has increased dramatically over the last several years. Sometimes, there is a dispute about the identity of the child’s biological father. If that happens, the mother or the presumed father may ask the court to determine the child’s parentage. If paternity is established, either parent can also ask the court to decide who should have legal custody, what parenting time is appropriate, and to impose a child support obligation on a parent.

Another way that paternity is established is through the Department of Justice, which will identify a presumed father and will thereafter try to establish paternity and child support.

Peter has experience in resolving paternity issues and other issues involving parents who are not married. Peter will work with you to protect your interests, and to get your case resolved efficiently.

Previous Page